Volume 2, Issue 1, April 2018, pp 5-16
V. Kaviyarasu*1 and V. Devika2
1 Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
2 Research Scholar, Department of Statistics, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
This paper presents a new procedure and tables for the construction and selection of new attribute acceptance sampling plan called as Quick Switching System of Type-2 with Single Sampling Plan as reference plan using weighted Poisson distribution by Muller's method indexed through producer and consumer quality levels and its operating ratio. Suitable illustrations were provided for the readymade selection of plan parameters.
Acceptance Sampling, Quick Switching System, Weighted Poisson distribution.
1. Devaraj Arumainayagam S. Contribution to the Study of Quick Switching System (QSS) and its Applications, PhD Thesis, Department of Statistics, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India, 1991.
2. Dodge, H. F. Notes on the Evolution of Acceptance Sampling Plans – Part I. Journal of Quality Technology 1969; 1: 77 - 88.
3. Gunther W. C. Use of Binomial, Hypergeometric and Poisson tables of obtaining sampling plans. Journal of Quality and Technology 1969; 2: 105-109.
4. Patil. G.P and Rao. C.R. Weighted distributions and size based sampling with its applications, Biometrics 1978; 34: 179-189.
5. Radhakrishnan. Construction of Acceptance Sampling plans based on Weighted Poisson Distribution, Ph.D., Thesis, Bharathiar University, India, 2008.
6. Romboski L. D. An Investigation of Quick Switching Acceptance Sampling System, PhD Thesis, Rutgers State University, New Jersey, 1969.
7. Suresh K.K and Jayalakshmi.S. Designing of Quick Switching System with Special Type Double Sampling plans Specified Quality levels, Impact Journal of Science and Technology 2007; 1: 41-49. .
8. Suresh K. K. and Kaviyarasu V. Certain results and tables relating to QSS-1 with Conditional RGS plan, IAPQR Transactions 2008; Vol.33.
9. Suresh K. K. and Sudamani R. Certain studies on applications of numerical methods in acceptance sampling procedures, Ph.D., Thesis, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India, 2002. .
10. Suresh K. K. and Srivenkataramana T. Selection of Single Sampling Plan Using Producer and Consumer Quality Levels, Journal of Applied Statistical Science 1996; 3: 273-280.